What are the job duties?
It is your job to ensure that the VPRO YouTube channels, the programs and the VPRO come to the attention to the German-speaking audience. You keep track of the quantitative objectives for reach and know how to achieve these targets thanks to a smart content strategy. You explore the German market for VPRO programming and identify influentials, potential partners and platforms. You will make contact with these influencers and platforms, and build up a relationship with them. You translate and localise descriptions and metadata. You create and place content about the VPRO programs on online platforms, social media, and on YouTube.
Who are we looking for?
- An excellent communicative and organizational talent with at least a bachelor degree.
- You have excellent German language proficiency; good control of English and Dutch language (written and oral).
- You know how to write/edit a text in order to reach an online audience
- You are someone who builds, maintains and develops contacts with the (potential) German audience.
- You have a strong affinity with VPRO programming so that you can quickly come up with a smart strategy for the themes of the documentaries, series and items in order to reach an audience on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or via other platforms.
- In short, you are very strong both with editorial and communication skills, so you can connect the most fitting content with the matching audience at the right time.
- You have developed your digital and online expertise and you have experience with creating a communication approach on social media about various topics.
- You have at least 2 years of work experience as a web editor or a comparable job.
- You are analytical, solution-oriented, proactive, conceptual, creative and take initiative.
- You are very familiar with online media and feel at home with various tools and techniques (metadata, organic growth, monitoring, research, advertising, creation, SEO, etc).
- You have experience working with CMS and knowledge of image editing software (Adobe Photoshop).
- You are someone who effortlessly establishes, maintains and develops contacts with professionals, editors and directors.
What do we offer?
An employment contract for 15 hours per week starting as soon as possible, initially until the end of 2018. The job fits in the scale G and the salary depends on the age and experience and will be between € 2,525.61 and € 3,852.95 gross per month on the basis of a 36-hour working week. Other terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the CAO for the broadcast staff, including 8% vacation allowance and 6% December bonus.
Do you want to apply?
We would like to receive your cover letter and recent CV by March 28, 2018 at the least. You can address the mail to the VPRO, attn the Personnel & Organization department via email@example.com, with reference vacaturenummer 1802. For more information about the position, please contact Diederik Hoekstra at firstname.lastname@example.org